Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Thank you for visiting my 2017 re-election campaign website. Please come back often before the November 7th election. We’re just getting started and there’s much more information to come!
It’s been a privilege and pleasure to serve as your 2nd Ward representative on City Council since 2011. I’ve worked hard to keep my promises to you — to be a responsible steward of your tax dollars, to proactively address key 2nd Ward issues and concerns, and to bring an independent, common-sense perspective and voice to the Council table.
My priorities and guiding principles have not changed:
- Fiscal responsibility –ensure your tax dollars are spent wisely, efficiently and consistent with your priorities; insist on sound fiscal and budget disciplines
- Transparency –engage the community and rigorously debate polices/ priorities publicly to achieve more balanced decisions and City Hall accountability to citizens
- Responsible Growth – realize economic growth through developments that build on the character of Ann Arbor’s downtown and neighborhoods
- Infrastructure investment, basic services as spending priorities – shape City budget to reflect as priorities; question/challenge discretionary program spending
- Taking the lead in addressing 2nd Ward Issues
A Council Member has no more important role than to assist neighborhoods and constituents in resolving issues — to help them navigate City Hall and to advocate on their behalf. I’ve listened, tried to be as responsive as possible in addressing 2nd Ward concerns, and remain committed to serving you and your priorities if re-elected.
It’s been an honor to serve as your 2nd Ward representative and hopefully I have earned your support on November 7th . I’m proud and excited that again in 2017, my Independent candidacy has the broad support of a number of Democrats, Republicans and Independents.
Most importantly, please let me know YOUR issues and concerns. See the Contact tab on this website – I’d love to hear from you!
All the best,